Monday, April 2, 2012

Each Other Available at Smashwords.com!

Finally! After 17 years of writing, researching and sitting on the bookshelf in my home,  Each Other: A Novel is available for downloading from Smashwords.com. If you'd care to start off with an excerpt at no charge, go for it. That's a good way to tell if this is a book you'd like to read.

Each Other has many back stories in the making but the bottom line is that this is a story that wouldn't let me go, no matter how hard I tried, and the topic of the Civil War...? I thought it would be the last topic I'd write about. However, as a librarian, purchasing books  for a high school library in the southwest, I found a book about women spies of the (American) Civil War (1861-1865) and was intrigued by the means those women took to follow their convictions, whether political, social, moral or emotional. As a former history teacher having just returned from the set of a major Hollywood film as an extra where stories 'magically' came to life, I saw the scenes from Each Other develop in my mind before I could put them down on paper. This book and their characters wouldn't let me go and I found myself researching and writing late at night, during my son's roller skating parties, riding as a passenger in the car and any place I could squeeze in time around my very full-time job. As a wrap-around novel that begins and ends in 1891 when Annie Cunningham is called to the death bed of a woman she had never met and never planned to meet, most of the story is set during the Civil War in 1862 in northern Virginia where Annie is living as a spy for the Union.
Next time....the back stories of Each Other

No comments:

Post a Comment